International Women's Rights Day
Portraits of the project actresses
Every year, 8 March celebrates International Women's Rights Day. In this context,
Ailes Marines wanted to highlight the women who operate
every day to help the project move forward.
Zoom in on their careers, their missions and their daily motivations.
Women's rights: the fight against inequality
The fight against inequality is a real challenge for society and one that continues to be fought.
For over 40 years, the United Nations has placed this cause at the heart of its sustainable development goals, stating that " Gender equality is not only a fundamental human right, it is also a necessary foundation for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world".
In order to be aware of the key figures surrounding this issue, a review is carried out each year to monitor progress in this fight, as well as the challenges that remain, on a global scale.
As a reminder
Notable advances in recent decades include
- More girls in school
- Fewer girls forced into early marriage
- More women in leadership positions and in parliament
- Laws and reforms to advance gender equality
Despite these advances, many challenges remain:
- Persistent discriminatory laws and social norms
- The under-representation of women at all levels of political power
- The rate of women who have experienced physical or sexual violence
Together, let's continue to fight against inequalities.