Health & Safety, Environment and Quality Compliance Manager (HSEQC)
Iberdrola is one of the world's leading energy suppliers and the leader in renewable energy. The group is present in Europe (Spain, the United Kingdom, Portugal, France, Germany, Italy and Greece), the United States, Brazil, Mexico and Australia, and is expanding, particularly in Japan, Ireland, Sweden and Poland.
Iberdrola has been in the renewable energy market for over 20 years with almost 35,000 MW installed, and aims to triple its portfolio over the next decade. Iberdrola currently operates three offshore wind farms, and has 12,400 MW of offshore wind projects worldwide at various stages of development.
In France, in addition to the offshore wind project in Saint-Brieuc, Iberdrola is active in onshore wind, solar photovoltaic and the retail energy market.
- The O&M HSEQ Compliance manager is responsible for helping to promote and ensure the highest of HSQE performance and compliance HSEQ standards, in-line with the French local requirements and IBR policies and procedures, across all relevant operations and activities on site.
- He/she is responsible for coordinating the maintenance activities of the park from the point of view of safety and health protection of internal teams and external companies. He/she ensures compliance with HSQE standards, regulatory provisions and Iberdrola's internal procedures.
- Including those primarily involving employees and contractors but also considering any other stakeholders who may be impacted by site operations or activities – i.e. public, neighbours or visitors etc
- He/She will have to establish the operating procedures of the "Health, safety, security and environment" for site and supervise their application, plus develop any HSEQ site’s documentation, matrix, tools. In addition, He/She will have a crucial role in the monitoring of the contractor HSE performance and reviewing their documentation.
- The HSEQ Compliance Manager will also advise the Site Manager and other members of the site management team on statutory legislation, company policy and industry best practice. They will ensure that Prefecture & AUIOTA consent and licence obligations are monitored and carried out throughout the Operational phase of the windfarm.
- In addition, he/she will be the key interface with corporate Security on the security aspects of the site and the fire risk mitigation arrangements for the site facilities
Roles and Missions
In terms of health and safety and the environment
- Establish and maintain HSEQ standards and procedures during the O&M readiness and operational phases, ensuring an in-depth understanding of associated regulations and legal requirements
- Report on HSEQ performance, including key HSEQ KPI’s, identification of hazards to health or the environment, analysis of near misses and incidents, to inform O&M management and Corporate functions
- Review and monitor HSEQ performance of Main Contractors and other contractors to ensure best practise performance
- Follow up on accidents/incidents/hazardous situations and submit safety reports on these events
- Conducting risk assessments and keeping management informed of risks
- Prepare and conduct risk and hazard assessment workshops
- Carrying out emergency response plans
- Organise and participate in emergency response plan exercises, safety discussions, site initiations etc.
- Ensure the review of HSQE documentation provided by external companies
- Promote and improve the company's zero accident culture
- Ensuring that audits and inspections are carried out to verify compliance with all applicable site standards
- Represent the company with local administrative authorities and internal organisations (CHSCT, etc.)
- Ensure that individual and collective protective equipment meets regulatory requirements
- Carry out and implement internal staff training and certification programmes
- Leading and participating in QHSE audits of external companies
- Carry out general HSQE supervision in relation to the operation of the park
- Managing HSQE documentation
- Participate in the development, implementation and improvement of the single safety document
- Implement a quality plan for the Saint Brieuc park that meets the requirements of the offshore QMS
- Leading and participating in quality audits and performing general quality supervision, both onshore and offshore
- Act on the findings of site quality audits to ensure that improvements are made and non-conformities are rectified
- Participate in audits at manufacturing facilities of failed components
- Ensure that the requirements of the various administrative planning and environmental authorisations (permits, IOTA...)
- If necessary, prepare non-conformity reports to be provided to the relevant authorities
- Relationship with the authorities
- Communicate internally and train teams to comply with these requirements
- Support and contribute to the development of the HSEQ policy in collaboration with the Management
- Responsible for the coordination, communication and implementation of QHSE procedures
- Work closely with HSEQ Managers of other projects and the H&S O&M specialist
- Support other members of the project operations team on all HSQE issues
- Organisation of audits, risk assessment
- Degree educated or significant demonstrable experience in a relevant discipline HSE
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent HSE qualification
- GWO Certification
- Fire warden and first aid training
- ISO 9001/14001 auditor
- Knowledge of French regulations and standards - NF C18-510; NF EN 50110-1; NF C18-505-1; NF C18-505-2-2
- French Electrical habituation H2V, H2N, HC, HE / B2V, B2N, BC, BE
- French High voltage operating regulations
- Understanding of emergency response procedures and planning
- Professional Background in Health & Safety with environmental acumen
- Prior HSQE experience in the offshore industry (wind or Oil & Gas) during operational phase
- Experience of development, implementation and maintenance of HSQE policies, plans, procedures and reporting methods
- Experience driving HSQE performance of internal and external teams
- Experience of accident investigation
- HSE legislation related to helicopter access of offshore facilities
- Experience in management of Quality systems
- Bilingual French
- Fluent English