Fabrication Site Engineer during the Jackets & components fabrication activities (including all special, primary and secondary steel, J tubes, Grout Lines, Boat landings, Rest Platforms, Access Platforms, Stoppers, Grout Connections, Stabbing Guides, etc.) in accordance with the AMS Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements whilst ensuring commercial and programme targets are met.
Supervising the Jackets structural parts fabrication activities, including external workshops, if any, as well as planning the site interfaces (design, material delivery, equipment, etc.) during the fabrication phase of the Project.
Supporting the Project/ Fabricator Manager during the Jackets fabrication and related activities, including management and monitoring of the Fabrication Contractors, delivery interfaces, site supervision, HSQE, site inspections etc.
- Responsible for the Jacket structural part fabrication supervision as part of the Inspection Site Team, being responsible for managing the Jacket structural parts within the Fabricator Contractor facilities, including the fabrication and assembly progress.
- Support the Fabrication and Project Managers on commercial issues. Review contractor monthly applications for payments, and aid the site discussions on site variations related to the Jacket structural steel works (if any).
- Review and provide comments on the Fabrication strategy / Assembly Sequence /Assembly Procedures provided by the Fabricator Contractors.
- Liaise with Contractor and Logistic Department in relation to the supply of Structural items (Material delivery)
- Support and co-ordinate the issues rise on Site to comply with programme requirements, including liaison with AMS Fabrication Manager, Internal Client, Logistic and Offshore Construction companies to meet the AMS delivery requirements.
- Ensure the Port operations and interfaces are properly coordinated with Marine Contractors, yard Fabricator and Project (installation contractor, design...).
- Support the site meetings with the Fabrication on Jacket structural issues and prepare/ review minute of meetings
- Liaison on site with the Marine Warranty Surveyor, if required.
- Prepare the weekly progress reports on the Jacket and component parts fabrication progress.
- Support Technical Site Coordinator during the preparation of Transfer of Custody
- Support on the technical aspect of claims and variations from the fabricators/contractors.
- Provide technical support, advice and instructions related to Jacket structural issues to Contractors and other AMS areas from site.
- Ensure Contractor compliance with safety and environmental requirements, in implementing the AMS Safety Management System. Comply with all Technical requirements and local legislation. Review the Site safety documentation. Functional activities may include conducting necessary site inductions, delivery of pertinent safety communications at site, participating in safety leadership tours, incident management and reporting and Safety Observation Reporting. Review of Contractor pre-task planning documentation including method statements & risk assessments to facilitate daily site checks to ensure activities are being carried out safely. Minimise Site non-conformities or resolve within specified timescales.
- Review HSQE plans and RAMS
- Ensure Site quality compliance in accordance with client specifications, AMS Engineering contract specifications, British Standards, Euro Codes and other industry standards.
- Reporting to Fabrication manager and I&L Manager.
- Fabrication Management associates with Jacket Structural Fabrication for Offshore Wind Projects, with other Site Managers/ Supervisors supporting the site activities
- Co-ordination and monitoring all fabrication contractors on-site.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Site Support and technical advice to solve the site issues.
- Experience in OffShore Jacket Fabrication (Wind or Oil & Gas industry), assembly operations, Welding techniques, NDT's, Site Inspections and Supervision, etc.
- Experience on Manufacturing Contractors Management
- Awareness of regulatory issues impacting the business (WMS, Load outs, FIDIC)
- Experience in Contracts Management
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation in your relevant discipline area related to transmission construction projects
- Ability to implement quality assurance and environmental processes
- PC knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Proven ability to work in a team and contractors environment
- Good influencing management & communication skills
- Awareness of Contract conditions of contract.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and in a team consisting of Project Management, Design, Commercial, Procurement, Safety, Quality and Environmental staff whilst monitoring contractor activities
- Site based, willing to work on weekends, flexible working hours, experience on Construction Contractor supervision.
- SMSTS , 5 days Training
- Health and Safety Training (Work Heights/ First Aid)
- Medical Certification for Offshore works
- Achieving company's goals and objectives by meeting project's targets.
- Achieving project programme and budget whilst ensuring health and safety is not compromised
- Ability to implement, apply and promote Health & Safety best practice at Site.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to form effective working relationships with other individuals and departments
- Managing project expenditure within agreed financially authorised levels
- Developing and maintaining relationships with all project team members and contractors/third parties
- Day to day management decisions relating to site works to avoid delays, disruption or claims whilst ensuring safety, technical and financial compliance.
- Review of Contractor methods statement and if necessary take direct action to ensure no harm to site staff or others
- To liaise with Engineering department and provide on-site technical solutions to unforeseen engineering problems minimising the impact to the contractors program and potential additional cost.
- Take necessary actions to minimise claims/ variations from contractors
- Providing commentary on project performance
BEng Mech/ Marine / Structural engineering discipline or equivalent experience
10 year Experience on OffShore/ Yard Platforms Fabrication
Experience Contractor Management as Construction or Project Manager
Full clean driving license
Safety Passport or equivalent health and Safety training
Experience on OffShore works / Jacket Installation
CSCS 3 or 5 days management/ supervision training
Working at height Courses
Welding NDT's Training
GWO/ BST/ HUET
5-10 year Experience on Fabrication Site during the Topside/ jackets Fabrication
Full clean driving license