Senior Bid Manager
Offshore Wind France
Reporting To (Business)
Country Director – France
Full-time (5 days/week), permanent contract
- Following the roadmap defined in the PPE (Programmation Pluriannuelle de l’Energie), the French government is launching offshore wind tenders processes on a regular basis: Normandy (AO4, ongoing, 1GW, bottom fixed), Brittany (AO5, ongoing, 250MW, floating), Mediterranean (AO6, floating), etc. The objective of the State is to award 1GW of offshore wind capacity per year from 2024.
- Iberdrola is prequalified for AO4 and AO5 and aims to pursue its long-term growth plan in the French renewable energy market.
- In direct relation with the Country Director and Steering Committee, the Senior Bid Manager is accountable for the delivery of Iberdrola future bids, starting with AO4 and AO5. In this sense, he/she is responsible for managing all offshore wind tendering activities in France, including:
- 1 – Market analysis
- 2 – Prequalification process, including potential strategic partnerships
- 3 – Competitive dialogue
- 4 – Bid preparation, approval process and submission
- Additionally, he/she oversees the development of the Offshore Wind pipeline of Iberdrola in France, beyond AO4 and AO5, jointly with the Country Director.
- 1 – Organizational strategy
- The Senior Bid Manager manages an international cross-functional bid team (internal and external to Iberdrola’s organization), in charge of the bids preparation, with activities such as: Engineering, Design, Supply Chain / Contracts, Construction, O&M, Environment, Stakeholders Management, Legal, Financial, etc.
- In particular, he/she is responsible to:
- Optimize bid team coordination and efforts that will be deployed on each tender
- Capitalize lessons learnt to streamline internal tender procedures
- Reinforce the internal bid preparation processes and Iberdrola’s win strategy in France (partnerships, externalization, internal resources, organization, tools, templates, etc.), in line with Iberdrola’s best practices and processes and after internal approval
- Represent Iberdrola in front of stakeholders (officials, , clusters, etc.)
- 2 – Bid Strategy
- The Senior Bid Manager is accountable for the delivery of Iberdrola’s bids. He ensures that the preparation and execution of the bid is carried out effectively, within tender deadlines and Iberdrola’s management guidelines. He / She will focus on establishing winning strategies for future French tenders.
- His / her responsibilities include:
- Defining bid strategies in relation with the Iberdrola’s bid team leaders and as per the Cahier des Charges (tender specifications) requirements
- Facilitating decision-making in terms of windfarms design and layout, supply chain strategy (including local content), construction, O&M, environment, stakeholders’ strategy (including sea users), financial and business aspects, …
- Coordinating the bid team, communicating with bid team leaders and supporting the team for key challenges and issues
- Coordinating, preparing, reviewing and challenging tenders’ deliverables
- Maintaining direct communication and coordination with Iberdrola Offshore organization at operational level and with Steering Committee and Iberdrola’s management (information / reporting, strategy approval, milestones, final bid approvals, etc.).
- Master’s degree in engineering or Business Management
- Credible experience in France in development of offshore wind projects / dossier preparation
- for offshore tenders, good knowledge of the offshore wind sector in France
- Technical and contractual background in Offshore Wind, experience in Environment and
- Local Development approach
- Innovative and strategic thinking, good interpersonal skills, experience in matrix and
- international management in a complex organization
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Experience: 10 to 15 years minimum
- Fluent in French and English (native French if possible)
- Based in Paris, flexible to travel in France and in Europe